I am toward the end of piecing the top of my quilt and it looks nothing like I had intended it to when I first started quilting. Sure, it has puckers, but that adds character. I went from quilting a full-size to a somewhat-twin size quilt because I was running out of ties. I will have to post pictures later of what it is shaping up to look like. Now, I am piecing together pieces around the outside edges so that it will be even. right now, the quilt edges are very uneven. (this is because i was "eyeballing" the measurements when I was piecing the blocks together. I am pleased with the results so far. I am thinking that I will loosely stitch it so that it will look fluffy. This will also disguise the puckers in my sewing. So far, I have spent a total of $10 on the quilt. This cost was mainly for the quilt batting and thread. The ties were free or scraps left over from my purse.
I've started the quilt. I figured that I need to make 42 blocks for this quilt. I'm going for a full-size quilt. I thought I would have enough ties to make the quilt, however, the quilt is using more ties than I thought it would. Thirty-six ties seems to make about 20 blocks. I'm thinking about incorporating some other material I have laying around into the quilt as well as some old shirts of Christopher's that need to disappear. :)
Well, I have made a tie purse and had plenty of scraps left over. I didn't want to make another purse and not use it, so I decided to put my creative talents at work and come up with another product to make out of ties... the decision..... a quilt! I have already started cutting out the triangles to piece together.