I had planned to attach the drawer slides to the dresser drawers, install the drawers, and then mount the fronts on the dressers. That's not what happened.
Word of Wisdom: When mounting the dresser slides to the drawers, be sure to mount the wheels toward the back of the drawer, not the front. An hour later and many moments of frustration later, I realized that I had attached the brackets backwards.
Secondly, I did not measure the appropriate distance to attach the first drawer. I ended up with a 1.5 inch gap at the top. (it's supposed to be flush with the top).
Tonight, I will basically restart installing the drawers and maybe get to a point where I can see what the drawers look like in the cabinet and hopefully post some pictures. Right now, it looks like a bunch of ladders stacked on top of each other.
I didn't go to school for art, as you can probably tell. I just didn't want to post another "post" without having a picture explaining what was going on.
This afternoon, I plan to run by Lowe's to get some more supplies for the black-hole of my money. It has eaten all of my screws, all of my nails, and even all of the plywood that I had purchased for it. I didn't want to have to buy drawer handles for it, but it will be next to impossible for me to make my own handles. Here are some ideas of handles for the dresser:
1. I would like this Satin Nickel Drawer Pull, but at $3.97, that would come out to nearly $24.
2. There is no way in Hades that I would buy this drawer handle, but at $.86, it's looking mighty good.
4. This one is closer to what I'm looking for, but it's a little to "mickey mouse-ish" for me.
5. I'm thinking about going with this one because it looks more modern. And, at $1.28, it will not break the bank.
6. I am quickly falling in love with this handle. It's shiny, silver, and only $1.37 per handle.
7. If I had $1,000,000.00, I may purchase these handles. They are my ideal handles-modern, silver, and cool-looking, but, at $15.15 a piece, there's no way.
8. I may go with this one, though, because at $.97 a piece, who can pass up this deal.