Friday, July 30, 2010

.... nevermind the selling

Selling tin crosses is out. Why?, you may ask? Because it's dangerous. (and could ultimately lead to me being kicked out of the apartment ;) ) I threw the scraps away in the garbage. Christopher didn't notice the shiny metal sticking out of the bag and then proceeded to push the garbage down to make more room and sliced his finger open. He didn't need stitches, but I didn't want to chance another injury because of a craft project... so crosses are out.

For now, though, I am thinking about making a new bed. The current bed is being held up by a concrete block. I have been eyeing this bed from Knock-off Wood's blog. I already have lumber left over from building the dresser and next week would be the perfect time to build it. Chris is going to a Conference and doesn't like to be around when I am building (because it's loud and I tend to loose my temper... imagine that. ). Also, school will not have started yet and the neighboring apartments are unoccupied. So, while he's gone, I may sneak off to Lowe's, buy the lumber, and build the Farmhouse bed. It looks so pretty. Plus, it will be nice to have a bed that's not part MDF, metal, and concrete block.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad about the crosses, I hope he wasn't hurt too badly. The bed you linked to is awesome, you should totally make it.

    ReplyDelete