Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Over a month?

Where have I been for over a month? Oh yeah, I know... homework. Anyway, 2 of the 3 classes are over now so that gives me a little more time to do crafts. The first project on the list... learning to cut tin.

The first thing to realize is that (besides seeing that an 8 foot sheet will not fit in my car) tin is sharp. I have battle scars all over my hands from trying to cut it. My brother in law is also showing battle scars since the tin cut him while it was in the trash bag.

I have looked online but could not find door wreaths out of tin. I think I may have found a niche market! Now, I just need to create a design that looks good and start selling.

I have made a cross, but it is in the design phase. I put it on my door last night, and when I had awoken, a decorative piece had fallen off. I guess I need to rethink using hot glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment