Friday, July 16, 2010

No turning back....

I've been talking for a while now about selling my stuff online. (that's the main reason I started blogging). So, I finally jumped off of the deep end and opened up my little spot in cyberspace. I now have an etsy account (craftycollections.etsy.com) that takes paypal and money orders. Right now, I only have one item for sale, but will make more items as I can.

I'm also looking into buying a booth at the MSU Holiday Bazaar. It's a local craft show that happens around Christmas each year, on campus. Now I have to start making more items to sell so that I can stock-up. It's a 2-3 day event and would require me to have inventory on-hand since it takes me so long to make my items.

Another thing that I need to start doing is promoting my items. I want to send out a mass-email to family and friends, but then I don't want to be spamming. I've been telling myself that I will also post a status on facebook recognizing my shop but then I don't want to be someone who pushes their product on everyone.

I guess I just have low self-esteem when it comes to selling my products. I always go to shows and think "I could make that" but then never do. I want to sell my stuff, I just don't want to be pushy. To take a term from marketing, I want to be involved in relationship marketing, not just what most people have come to think of marketing-selling. I want to build relationships with my customers and create products that they will want to buy. I don't want to push my products onto people, just so I could turn a profit.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for the day. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment