Monday, February 8, 2010

pondering life and other things...

For the past week, I had been making plans to watch the Super Bowl and crochet. It sounded like an easy enough plan, except for the fact that I didn't know what time the Super Bowl started.

After googling the time, I informed Christopher that we would need to leave by 4:35 at the latest so that I could watch the game from kickoff to final whistle. Easy enough, right? Wrong.

Firstly, Chris and his brother decided that they wanted to go out to eat dinner. Dinner usually occurs after 5 pm. DURING THE SUPER BOWL. So, my plan was already shot. Chris then decided that he didn't want to go out to eat because he was scared they would spit in his food because him wanting food would make them work and miss a play in the superbowl. I told him he was stupid and that is a dumb reason. We went out to eat.

At Ruby Tuesday, I took bites of my chicken tenders in between plays and peeked around the banisters to see the score every few minutes. On the bright side, our neighbor was a waitress there. I had never really seen her before (mainly because I take my glasses off at home and when I'm outside, I don't have them on and everyone is fuzzy)

Secondly, my cat decided to run away for the day in Tupelo. We started looking for him around 12:30. At 4:30, he still hadn't been seen. Since we had to get home, we left his butt in Tupelo. Around10 p.m., he still hadn't been seen. Chris and I seriously started to think that he had been eaten/ run-over/ somehow killed. (thus, the pondering life title) Chris and I were sad and didn't know if we were going to get another cat since we had already paid a $200 non-refundable pet deposit. At 10:45 p.m., Chris's mom called to let us know that he was alive and had been hiding/sleeping. So, yeah, that was my drama for the night. My cat's still in Tupelo, though.

Why do I want to watch the Super Bowl? 1) It's the Saints. The only NFL team that I have some connection with... and not a big connection. I've been to the Superdome before and New Orleans is one of my favorite cities. (even though Christopher despises New Orleans... but that's another post). 2) the ads (and the fact that I'm taking a marketing class and I know the teacher's going to talk about the ads in class) 3) I like football.

So, yeah. that was my exciting weekend story.

No comments:

Post a Comment